Sunday, July 26, 2009

Almost done

You can see by the small outdated TV that I don't spend a lot of time sitting in front the tube. However as this move is in the final phase I have been happy to have the electronic company in the nearly empty house...and the lawn chair for a perch! I have a few more boxes to throw in the POD - then most of the move (packing wise) will be complete. Left on the "To Do List" the car tune-up, the hound off to the vet to get sutures removed (that is it's own story for another day), wait for repaired specs, mail a few things and by Wednesday I'll be headed north. My friends up North complain that they are having a heat wave. The valley has at least temporarily cured me of complaining about temps in the 90's. Right now 90's feels good! Over a 100, I'm not so happy!

The good thing about a move is that it forced me to reduce and recycle. It is a smaller house hold I'm sending North than any I've had since I was in my late 20s...40 years of collecting stuff. It was pretty silly when I sorted it all out. Paper shredded as well. Time for one more cup of coffee and then it is off to finish the business of the day!

1 comment:

Michaela said...

Enjoy the move/journey! :))