Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday dawn

Progress is being made on the Mac front and I have to admit I am beginning to see why folks are so  loyal. There is a different vocabulary to  remember and those words change some of the basic commands that we use in navigating from task to task on a PC.  Once this begins to click into my brain with something that approaches the familiar this is a fairly seamless system.  Makes the term "user friendly" mean something.  I did retrieve old photos from the net and will be working to organize those in the evening.  iPhoto is straight forward so hopefully by the week-end I will be able to post photos again.  I think this is a good technology switch. 


Safari is a  smooth web browser and I love the way it organizes the sites I frequently visit.  I imported Chrome as a back up but it may not be necessary.  


Pollen is drowning me and every other person I meet here this  week.  Ocean air will be a welcome relief but that is 10 days away. Am sitting in as interim Director of Nursing Service in one building until we find a new person with sufficient leadership skills to operate the Department of Nursing in extremely busy and complex facility.  The building is home to 120 wonderful frail elders and several cats.  Unfortunately I am allergic to cats.  I had a dear old cat for many years and somehow my body adjusted to him.  However, these new critters and pollen are giving my immune system a run for its money (so to speak).   It is difficult to be dignified when your eyes are streaming tears and the nose is running like a faucet.  Ah well, there are worse things.  


I'm writing in a large font because this computer has a smaller screen and I am an old fart and can't read my own writing in "normal" font.  Aging you are a wicked little devil!  It should make the producers of flat screen TVs happy though as I can see (again.."so to speak") that purchase looming on the near horizon,


Alas, once again it is time to enter the stream of activity called 'real life'.  Off to work.  Have a great day all!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Glad to hear you are liking the Mac...I'm Seriously thinking of "tripping" over to the "dark side" myself by just want to see how You do!Hahaaa...
Sorry about the nose!!
hughugs