Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Heart Break of Haiti

Over the decades I have been honored to work with many people from Haiti and lucky for me, count many as friends.  The tragic earthquake that struck that country is heart breaking.  Every nurse and nursing assistant that crossed my path had family still there.  These hard working women raised families, held down multiple jobs and attended college courses while they worked to integrate themselves into life in the States.  They also sent home money to support loved ones still in the extreme poverty of the island nation.  It is difficult to hear their anguish as I check in from person to person to see if they have heard from loved ones yet.  I hope all of the folks in the blogosphere will consider a donation to the Red Cross or other trust worthy group as those teams mobilize to get food, water, shelter and medical care to those who so desperately need it there. Check out these links:

http://american.redcross.org/haiti Two other good orgs: http://www.vwaayiti.org/donate.htmhttp://pih.org/inforesources/news/Haiti_Earthquake.html

5 comments:

Donna said...

My heart goes out to the people of that country. I will be donating to Doctors Without Borders.

WR said...

Great idea!! I know they are struggling as well to communicate with workers who were already on the ground there!

Donna said...

I Can Not imagine the tears and heartache that surround that island....
Doctors Without Borders for us as well...
((((HUG))))

Donna said...

Hello!! The Brenda Photo Challenge Blog is Open for business again! Hope you had Happy Holidays! See you there!

Donna
Made In Heaven

WR said...

What great news! Spirit lifting!