Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting out of my own way.....

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life.  But there was always some obstacle in the way.  Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.  Then life would begin.  At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." 
                                                       ~Fr. Alfred D'Souza

Choosing to see the mystery or the obstacle~ every now then I have to remind myself not to be so heavy, cynical and overly serious: attempting to keep my eyes wide open in order to avoid becoming my own personal obstacle course.  All this attempting to  witness the magic of it all and stay in the NOW ~  is a piece of hard work!!  

1 comment:

Dr. Jay SW said...

Great quote (if you happen to see it on my blog at some time in the, I SWEAR it's just a coincidence...) and love the peaceful watery pictures...