Sunday, March 7, 2010

A perfect day

Life is such a joy when a few relaxing moments are spent with friends. My friends are such a joy.  We represent the Right, the Left and Middle and still find common ground.  There is a lesson in that!!! We spent the day in the Proctor District window shopping, haunting thrift shops for a bargain and having a sandwich in a local and I might add delightful restaurant, Rosewood Cafe.  Delicious food had by all.  The place has a friendly and warm atmosphere ... reminds me of my favorite places in Boston.  But Rosewood has its own unique Tacoma feel. Metro Market, as always, had a wonderful display of fresh flowers outside ~ not to mention it's fabulous presentation of food inside!



10 comments:

Dr. Jay SW said...

Hmmm...reminds me of that Lou Reed song..."oh such a perfect day, you made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good"...except, reading through your post again, you appear to be describing something a bit nicer than a momentary lapse in self-loathing...which is a good thing...

WR said...

At nearly 62 there is precious little time left for me to spend in wallowing in self-loathing. Been there done that ~ many times over many years but no more. Not enough moments left in my life to spin in that directions. Finding joy in small moments is important to me. tick, tick, tick.....

Donna said...

Good times with friends are always the BEST!

Donna said...

What Beautiful flowers!! Smiles make Everything feel better...I used one a while ago...Hahaa
hughugs

antigoni said...

You sure have great time over there! Great photos.
I really enjoyed your "Brenda's photo challenge" photos.

Donna said...

Happy Saint Patricks Day to you!!
hughugs

Kim, USA said...

Great colors and great shots! Happy weekend!

My Fruit Macro

Nita Jo said...

What would life be like without friends... Love your photos!

Donna said...

Happy Easter Friend!!!
hughugs

Larry D said...

Great post time spent with old friends is time well spent, great photos!