Thursday, July 1, 2010

Early morning...

Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace.


The yard just beyond this small office contains the very smallest of gardens.  A very short runway of mismatched annuals and a few containers of roses and even two pots with tomato plants.  These little specimens do their very level best to blossom and be the simple, lovely bits of life that each one is and each one fulfills its destiny with precious little support from the resident gardener.  Still, each stalwart plant manages to  occasionally capture my attention and silently reminds me to 'stop!'.  Simply stop.  That pause to tend to the silent partners in life is in and of itself ... life sustaining.  To steal a moment to pull a few weeds and nip back blossoms that have passed is soothing.  A reminder ... "Breathe".


4 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Sharp post, beware of things that sting. I had to get some medicine for a sting on my lip yesterday. Had a huge bee chase me in the middle of a prairie I was shooting, so thought bugs that bite need room for the day.

Dr. Jay SW said...

Love them purple flowers...though gotta admit that pic also causes an association with these old Saturday Night Live episodes I've been watching, with the late great John Belushi and the late and even greater Gilda Radner walking around in bee costumes.

Maybe I oughtta get into gardening...

WR said...

Wow ~ that was a blast from the past...Belushi and Radner...bees will never look the same to me! :)

Donna said...

Love the look in here Girl!
And the photos...
Happy weekend to you!
hughugs